This app contains over 400 of the most influential documents, laws, speeches, and court cases in U.S. history. See the dramatic items which shaped our nation’s history in this extremely readable and convenient format.
Sort the documents chronologically or by type of document and importance.
Search for words or phrases in all documents, or in specific documents.
Besides just reading documents, this app has many useful features, available on an easy-to-use graphical toolbar. Includes:
- Add (and remove) notes anywhere in the document
- Highlight useful words or phrases
- Email any documents (including your notes)
- Save your changes for later viewing
- Remove customizations and go back to “original” documentAll documents are stored locally on your iPhone / iPad, for easy reference.
- U.S. Constitution
- Declaration of Independence
- Articles of Confederation
- Complete collection of the Anti-Federalist Papers
- Complete collection of the Federalist Papers
- Many more Colonial, pre-colonial, and founding fathers’ documents.
- Confederate Constitution
- Gettysburg Address
- Star Spangled Banner
- Important Federal Laws (including Federal Judiciary Act, Alien and Sedition Acts, Interstate Commerce Act , Lend-Lease Act , and many more)
- Important Speeches by Presidents and other leaders (including Ronald Reagan, John F. Kennedy, Patrick Henry, Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln, and more)
- Important Civil Rights milestones (including Emancipation Proclamation, Civil Rights Act and more)
- War documents (including Declaration of War in WWI and WWII, Surrender of Japan, Surrender of Germany, and more)
- Famous Court Cases (including Brown v. Board of Education, Marbury v. Madison, Miranda v. Arizona, District of Columbia v. Heller, and more)
- Treaties shaping our nation’s history (including Treaty of Paris, Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, Treaty of Fort Laramie, and more)
- Influential Executive Orders (Desegregation, Peace Corps, and more)
- MANY MORE DOCUMENTS!